QR Code Link to This Post
Tower above the neighborhood in this striking, move-in ready stilt/piling home on a DOUBLE, CORNER salt waterfront deep canal lot, only 3000′ to the open Gulf. No bridges or obstructions, so perfect for sailboats too. In Signal Cove community (between Leisure Beach and Sea Ranch)
*** One of the nicest properties in Signal Cove ***
* 28′ wide x 48′ long (1344 sq. ft.)
* Built/Erected in 2007
* Concrete pilings filled with steel rebar
* 3 bdrm, 1 3/4 bath (used to be 2 full baths but we removed master bath tub due to lack of use and desire for more storage space)
* Split floor plan with master bedroom on water side
* All bedrooms have lighted walk-in closets with extra shelving
* Ceiling fans in master bedroom, 2nd bedroom, and living room
* All ceramic, linoleum, and laminate floors (no carpeting for easier maintenance and cleaning)
* Master bathroom with dual sinks and shower; Extra large storage space where tub used to be
* Large master bedroom has lighted walk-in closet with extra shelving
* New 3-ton a/c unit in 2012 (replaced 2.5 ton unit)
* Vinyl siding
* METAL ROOF
* House and all decking sits on massive steel I-beams for superior strength in any weather condition (all I-beams were stripped and painted this year)
* The I-beams extend out from the base of the house and support all of the upper decking
* Highly desirable Flood Zone A14; Base Flood Elevation 13.5′ (take a look below at our flood insurance rate – it pays to be in the air !)
* Spacious Great Room with ceramic tile and cathedral ceilings throughout
* Sliding glass door w/hurricane treatment from living room to lanai
* WATER VIEWS FROM EVERY WINDOW IN THE HOUSE !
* Large kitchen with laminate flooring and breakfast area
* Laundry Room with Washer and Dryer (negotiable)
* Lanai was enlarged in 2011 to 8′ x 28′ (224 sq. ft.) and screened, with water views and its own LED television (negotiable)
* Huge walk-around 3-sided deck has water views on all sides (all exterior wood was power cleaned and re-stained this year)
* Huge rear upper deck had new roof installed in 2011
* Rear upper deck is only 15′ from the water’s edge; Commanding view of the water and neighborhood
* Main stairway has electric chair lift with its own custom cover
* Covered parking for four (4) vehicles and toys
* Driveway widened in 2011 and professionally painted this year
* 2nd outside shower under house
* Extra water spigots and reels
* 2nd Refrigerator under house for drinks, ice, bait, etc. (negotiable)
* Under-house elevated storage platform for kayaks, etc.
* Outside storage area next to workshop
* Hurricane storm panels for all windows included
* 80′ wide x 125′ deep
* 80′ of beautiful concrete seawall on the main canal; 100′ of seawall on side canal
* 2nd lot has gravel driveway for parking storage (boat, trailer, RV, auto)
* Plenty of extra room for future pool or other toys (very rare for waterfront property)
* Very easy to extend the house’s power, water, and sewer lines to create an RV pad on the 2nd lot (you could easily rent that out to an RV snowbird couple for 6 months in the winter for $800/month or more – any retired snowbird RV couple would love to not only be on the water, but have their own dock and driveway too !)
* Grounds are professionally maintained by lawn care company
* 90′ wide canal, 9′-11′ deep average
* 10,000 lbs boat lift and deck in 2011 ($14,000) with extra elevation and a custom built Coastline boat lift cover ($4000)
* Boat lift has automatic nighttime lighting (2017)
* Boat lift has two (2) sets of bunks – one (1) set for pontoon boats, and one (1) set for v-hulls (2017)
* Boat deck has both 30 amp power outlet for larger boats/houseboats, as well as 110vac electric outlets for chargers, etc.
* Massive 14′ x 30′ boat deck extends your waterfront space right over the water
* Matching elevation walkway from driveway slab to boat deck makes this wheelchair-friendly (anyone can go boating with you or enjoy the deck)
* Outside shower (nothing like stepping off the boat after a long day in the salt water and sea air and rinsing off outside)
* Fish cleaning station with water
* Fresh water washdown hose/reel
* 8′ x 12′ floating dock with newer walkway and hardware
* Floating dock has underground power/water and its own fish cleaning station
Signal Cove has its own club house and boat ramp. You do not have to belong to the Association, but dues are only an extremely reasonable $100/year with your own boat ramp key, or around $60/year with no boat ramp key. No need to deal with the crowded or full public boat ramps when you live here ! The only nearby public boat launch is at Hudson Beach, and that fills up quickly. Once that is full, you have to travel to New Port Richey or Hernando Beach. And Signal Cove IS NOT one of those communities with ridiculous by-laws, if your grass gets too long or if you park your boat trailer or RV on your own lawn ! It’s live and let live here.
* Manatees giving birth right next to our dock
* Blue crabs right off the boat deck
* Storks, Egrets, Ibis…you name it
* Signal Cove is on city water and sewer so we all swim in our clean canals
* There is an 8-camera internet-ready security surveillance system that will stay
* Multiple motion-sensor lights cover driveway, stairwell, side of house, and boat deck/canal
* Much safer being high in the air. Burglars prefer ground level homes !
* Professional technician installed over-the-air amplified antenna system that brings in over 50 channels (no need to pay for cable or satellite)
* TV cables routed to kitchen, master bedroom, living room, 3rd bdrm/office, and lanai
MARINE VHF and SCANNER
* Also attached to antenna mast is a marine VHF antenna for communicating with your boat out in the Gulf, as well as a police band scanner antenna
* Nice size workshop has power and huge newer air compressor (negotiable)
* Retractable compressor reel under house for servicing your toys
* Multiple retractable electric cord reels under house for ease of servicing your vehicles
* Workshop has extension telephone (hard wire) as well as wireless intercom to the kitchen
STORAGE SHED (Lark Brand)
* Immaculate, with interior lighting and power
* Underground electricity
* Strapped down
* Professionally installed power transfer switch with outside outlet for quick hook-up to your generator
* Generator available (negotiable)
* Taxes = ~$1300/yr
* Electricity = ~$150/month (Withlacoochee River Electric Coop)
* Water = ~$16/month (city)
* Sewer = ~$40/month (city)
* Homeowner = ~$411/year
* Flood = ~$392/year (TRANSFERABLE !!!)
* Wind/Hurricane = ~$520/year (TRANSFERABLE !!!)
*** Where else can you live directly on the water where all three (3) of your insurances provide full coverage for about $110/month ? There are canal homes only blocks from here, as well as nearby waterfront communities like Leisure Beach, Sea Ranch, and Hernando Beach that are paying $5000-$7000 per year just for their flood insurance ! ***
Please be aware that this is a hugely overbuilt double wide property, but IS considered a permanent structure and has that certification (because it is bolted to and is permanently attached to the foundation/pilings). However, when the banks order an appraisal as part of a mortgage application, the appraisal company will typically only seek comparable double wides (comps) that have sold within the last 90 days. The problem is, and we’ve had this happen before because we always highly accessorize our properties, THERE ARE NO COMPARABLES TO THIS PROPERTY. Consequently, we never get a fair and accurate appraisal of our property because the comps listed by the appraiser are nowhere near as awesome as our property, but the banks typically require a very narrow window of sales and vicinity, so our property is always compared to much lesser properties. It doesn’t mean our property isn’t worth the asking price, it simply means there are no recent sales of SIMILAR properties that the banks can feel comfortable with, by which to base a value and then lending terms.
What this all means to a potential buyer is that you will need a substantial amount of cash down payment to cover the gap between the inaccurate appraisal and the agreed purchase price. If you are selling your own house, or won an accident settlement, this may not be a problem for you. It’s also possible the apppraiser may use comparables of conventional stilt home sales, which will give a more accurate value of this property. WHEN THIS PROPERTY IS COMPARED TO COMPARABLE CONVENTIONAL 2-LEVEL WATERFRONT HOMES ANYWHERE, OUR PRICE BLOWS AWAY THE COMPETITION ! You will not find a comparable property for this price anywhere in Florida, unless you live on the ground.
For this reason, and the fact that we need the sale of this property in order to purchase our new home, we unfortunately cannot offer owner financing options.
OUR PART OF THE GULF (by water)
* We have crystal clear water here, perfect for fishing and hanging out
* Summer water temps reach 90 degrees
* It’s only 11 miles from our dock south to Anclote, or 11 miles north to Hernando Beach
* 2 miles to Hudson Beach
Waterfront real estate in this area is a true bargain compared to anything south towards Tampa Bay, and it has been on the upswing in the last few years. We call this area the last affordable waterfront in Florida. Many TB commuters are finding out Hudson waterfront is affordable and a reasonable commuting distance. We are about 16 miles to the Suncoast Parkway. It takes 45 minutes to get to Tampa Airport.
* A GROUND LEVEL ‘2’ bdrm home a few blocks from here just sold for $275,000 (reported in Sunday Tampa Bay Times). Single lot. No protection from storm surges. More expensive flood insurance. Little or no garage or storage space. No commanding view of the water and neighborhood. Here’s your chance to get twice as much house and waterfront property for less money !!!
Many ground-level homes in this neighborhood are asking and selling in the high $100’s and beyond. Virtually any listing you will find in my home’s price range will be for a GROUND LEVEL home….and you absolutely DO NOT want to buy Gulf waterfront and be on ground level !! You will feel it in your wallet when your flood insurance bill comes due, and also have to sweat every Gulf storm that comes through. Last year when hurricane Hermine came through, the high tide surge didn’t even reach my slab or deck. This week when Hurricane Irma came through, my next door neighbor’s roof shingles came flying off, but my metal roof didn’t budge.
You can find a cheaper home here in Signal Cove, but you will be in a 60’s vintage single wide mobile home….on ground level !
***** ALL INFORMATION IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, BUT NOT WARRANTED. PRIVATE SELLERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT CURRENT TAXES, EXPENSES, AND INSURANCES ARE INDICATIVE OF FUTURE OWNERS’ COSTS *****
#1 Condos For Sale Network